Matthew is the owner and principal massage therapist of Deep Impact Massage. Based in Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire, he is an experienced professional male massage therapist.
Experienced with skills and people
Before working in massage, Matthew worked for Elsevier Science publishers. This experience helped him appreciate working in a stressful office-based international-wide environment. While working in publishing, he first experienced on-site massage. He moved into working for the National Health Service’s Substance Misuse Team for seven years. This experience helped him to better understand the challenges that many people face in their lives.
After retraining in massage, he set up a busy massage company in East Sussex, where he provided deep tissue massage therapies. While working in East Sussex, he engaged in volunteering work at his local meditation centre. This experience helped him to understand the growing need for compassion in our society, and also enabled him to see the many different types of healing therapies available.
Matthew is a passionate health advocate and believes strongly in the power of human touch. He is a keen cyclist, walker and gardener, and also loves to cook. He is very sociable with people from all walks of life, and is always attentive to others’ concerns.
Fully qualified, insured and accredited
Matthew is a fully qualified Advanced Clinical Massage Therapist (Jing Advanced Massage Training), he holds an Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy Certificate (Jing) and has a separate distinction in Anatomy and Physiology.
He is fully insured with Balens and Holistic Insurance Services.
He is accredited and registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) UK and EMBODY, and is a member of the Complimentary Therapists Association (CThA) and the Association for Soft Tissue Therapists (SMA).
He is currently studying for a BTEC6 (vocational post-graduate degree level) in Advanced Clinical Remedial and Sports Massage – due to qualify 13 September 2019.
Matthew also holds further qualifications in:
- NeuroKinetic Therapy Level 1 (NeuroKinetic Therapy, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, led by Dr Kathy Dooley)
- Functional Movement Taping: ROCKDoc Level 1 (RockTape UK, British School of Osteopathy)
- Fascial Movement Taping: ROCKDoc Level 2 (RockTape UK, British School of Osteopathy)
- Anatomy Dissection Day (with Caroline Barrow, King’s College)
- Advanced Hot Stone Fusion (cryotherapy and sports applications)
- Soft tissue release
- Sports and event techniques
- Lower body mastery
- Upper body mastery
- Leg, knee and foot pain protocols
- Hip and pelvis pain protocols
- Advanced Sports Stretching Techniques (including muscle energy)
- Shoulder girdle pain protocols
- Carpal tunnel (RSI), wrist and arm pain protocols
- Neck and upper shoulder pain protocols
- Functional living anatomy
- Lower back pain protocols
- Foundations in Advanced Clinical Massage (including table shiatsu, trigger point therapy and passive stretching)
- Deep tissue/advanced massage
- Myofascial release work
- Indian head massage
- Seated Acupressure Massage / On Site Massage
- Emergency first aid at work, valid 2016 to 2019
Matthew will also be studying for the following future courses:
- Fascial Foundations (Jing, February 2018)
- Advanced Myofascial Release (Jing, February 2018)
- Structural Fascial Bodywork (Jing, February 2018)
- Temperomandibular Joint Pain (Jing, March 2018)
- Anatomy of Injury (Jing, April 2018)
- Sports and Events Specialism (Jing, April 2018)
- Clinical Mastery (Jing, May 2018)
- Pathology for the Massage Therapist (Jing, June 2018)
- NeuroKinetic Therapy Level 2 (NKT, July 2018)
- Orthopedic Assessments (Jing, July and September 2018)
- Rehabilitation for Sports Injury (Jing, October 2018)
Book an appointment here.