Matthew is the owner and principal massage therapist of Deep Impact Massage. Based in Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire, he is an experienced professional male massage therapist. Matthew began his journey into bodywork treatments and massage in 2011, and set up a successful East Sussex-based massage company offering tailored physical therapies.
Experienced with skills and people
Before working in massage, Matthew worked for Elsevier Science publishers for several years. This experience helped him appreciate working in a stressful office-based international-wide environment. While working in publishing, he first experienced on-site massage. He moved into working for the National Health Service’s Substance Misuse Team for seven years. This experience helped him to better understand the challenges that many people face in their lives.
After retraining in massage, he set up a busy massage company in East Sussex, where he provided deep tissue massage therapies. While working in East Sussex, he engaged in volunteering work at his local meditation centre. This experience helped him to understand the growing need for compassion in our society, and also enabled him to see the many different types of healing therapies available.
Matthew is a passionate health advocate and believes strongly in the power of human touch. He is a keen cyclist, walker and gardener, and also loves to cook. He is very sociable with people from all walks of life, and is always attentive to others’ concerns.
Fully qualified, insured and accredited
Matthew holds an ITEC Level III Diploma in Holistic Massage (Essentials for Health), with a separate distinction in Anatomy and Physiology. He is fully insured with Balens and Holistic Insurance Services. He is accredited and registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) UK and EMBODY and is a member of the Complimentary Therapists Association (CThA) and the Association for Soft Tissue Therapists (SMA).
He is currently studying to be an Advanced Clinical Massage Therapist (at Jing Advanced Massage Training) to increase his knowledge of the human body and the application of powerful manual therapy protocols to relieve the symptoms of pain – due to qualify September 2017.
He will then embark on deeper study of remedial therapies at Jing Advanced Massage Training, studying for a BTEC 6 in Advanced Clinical and Sports Massage (vocational degree level) – due to qualify in September 2019.
Matthew also holds further qualifications in:
- Leg, knee and foot pain protocols (Jing)
- Hip and pelvis pain protocols (Jing)
- Advanced Sports Stretching Techniques, including muscle energy (Jing)
- Shoulder girdle pain protocols (Jing)
- Carpal tunnel (RSI), wrist and arm pain protocols (Jing)
- Neck and upper shoulder pain protocols (Jing)
- Functional living anatomy (Jing)
- Lower back pain protocols (Jing)
- Foundations in Advanced Clinical Massage (Jing, including table shiatsu, trigger point therapy and passive stretching)
- Deep tissue/advanced massage (Gateway Workshops)
- Myofascial release work (Gateway Workshops)
- Indian head massage (Gateway Workshops)
- Natural face lift (Gateway Workshops)
- Anti-aging facial rejuvenation (Gateway Workshops)
- Microdermabrasion (SkinBase)
- Seated Acupressure Massage / On Site Massage (Gateway Workshops)
- Emergency first aid at work, valid 2016 to 2019 (St John Ambulance)
Book an appointment here.